Long before ground was broken for Veterans Manor, the project management team had made a list of building features they wanted to be sure would be included. Their goal: to ensure supportive veterans housing with a quality of living for residents that would meet or exceed all expectations. Read more…
Wide hallways with sturdy handrails allow easy passage and a safe walk down the hall.
The community room features a full kitchen for special events.
Our location at 35th & Wisconsin is a transit crossroads; bus access is no further then the front door.
Residents enjoy working out on the state-of-the-art equipment in the fitness room located on the ground level.
High-speed internet is included with the rent for all residents.
Veterans Manor regularly opens its doors to homeless veterans so they can shower and clean up in the facility’s ground level locker room and receive a nutritious meal.
Security was no afterthought: 24-hour secure electronic card entry to the building and the elevator adds a layer of security for all of the residents.
Veterans Manor’s bright and attractive lobby provides residents with a comfortable space to socialize with company and other residents.
Resident mailboxes are conveniently located just off the main lobby.
The business center provides residents with computer access to look for jobs, send emails or match their chess skills against the computer. Residents also enjoy free internet in their apartments.
- High speed Internet included with the rent for all residents.
- Open stairwell enhances security; crime usually starts in secluded spaces, our stairwell is glass walled not only to minimize the opportunity for trouble it also give the building unique architectural look.
- Veterans Manor is certified Green Built with very energy efficient heating & cooling, thermopane windows, low V.O.C. paints and carpets, a white roof that reflects summer heat and the green cabinets & counter-tops all contributed to a green score of 92 of 100 possible points.
- The fitness center helps bodies and minds stay healthy.
- Business center with computer lets residents without a computer learn in a relaxed environment, connect with family and friends and stay connected with current events.
- The walls across from the elevators on each resident floor are painted a different color and have a different picture displayed. If a resident has any memory recall problems, it easier for them to remember they live on the floor with the blue wall and an airplane picture. The color and picture differentiation makes finding your floor easier.
- Wide hallways with sturdy handrails allow easy passage and a safe walk down the hall.
- Secure electronic card entry to the building and the elevator adds a layer of security for all of the residents.
- Each apartment comes equipped with stove refrigerator & microwave oven.
- Onsite counselors from The Center for Veterans Issues allow residents quick and easy access to support & guidance.
- Our location at 35th & Wisconsin is a transit crossroads; bus access is no further then the front door.
- Community room space allows for large or small gatherings. Socialization is healthy for all of us, this is the space for it.
- All utilities are included in the rent.
- The rent is subsidised either through HUD-VASH (Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing) vouchers or City of Milwaukee Housing Authority section 8 vouchers. A resident will pay approximately 30% of their income for rent.